About this policy Lion Nathan Limited ("Lion Nathan") is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. Lion Nathan has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
About this policy
Lion Nathan Limited ("Lion Nathan") is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. Lion Nathan has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant Australian and New Zealand privacy laws.
Why does Lion Nathan collect my personal information?
Lion Nathan collects your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Lion Nathan may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Lion Nathan promotion or to allow Lion Nathan to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information does Lion Nathan collect?
The types of personal information Lion Nathan collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Lion Nathan and may (but does not always) include:
- your name;
- date of birth;
- personal and/or work contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses); and/or
- payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Lion Nathan may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time. Importantly, Lion Nathan does not collect any personal information it does not need to perform a business function, and generally it will not collect any information about you without your prior consent.
What if you don’t provide Lion Nathan the personal information it requires?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Lion Nathan with the personal information it reasonably requires, Lion Nathan may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
How does Lion Nathan collect my personal information?
Lion Nathan tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
- request information from, or have dealings directly with Lion Nathan or one of its related companies;
- participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Lion Nathan or one of its related companies;
- participate in a survey conducted by Lion Nathan or one of its related companies;
- purchase tickets or merchandise from a website operated by Lion Nathan or one of its related companies;
- access or request information from Lion Nathan’s website or the website of one of its related companies; or
- provide information to Lion Nathan’s customer service call centre.
In some circumstances however, Lion Nathan may also collect your personal information from third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Lion Nathan will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
How does Lion Nathan use my personal information?
Lion Nathan uses your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
- providing you with the Lion Nathan goods or services you request;
- promoting and marketing Lion Nathan’s current and future products and services to you;
- informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Lion Nathan considers may be of interest to you;
- conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Lion Nathan’s current and future products or services; and
- to improve the operation or navigation of Lion Nathan’s website.
Lion Nathan may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made obvious to you at the time Lion Nathan collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law. If Lion Nathan uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Lion Nathan will give you the opportunity to "opt out" of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence.
Will Lion Nathan give your personal information to anyone else?
In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Lion Nathan may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Lion Nathan’s related companies (including those located in Australia and New Zealand); and
- Lion Nathan’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) legal and accounting services, credit reporting, mail-house, transport and printing services.
Other than those third parties referred to above, Lion Nathan will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe:
- you have authorised Lion Nathan to do so;
- your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
- Lion Nathan is required or permitted by law to do so.
If Lion Nathan provides your personal information to a third party, Lion Nathan generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Lion Nathan does.
Is my personal information secure?
Lion Nathan takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure. Lion Nathan only permits its authorised personnel or consultants to access your personal information for legitimate business purposes. No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Lion Nathan over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk. If Lion Nathan determines it no longer requires your personal information, Lion Nathan will take reasonable steps to de-identify or securely destroy that information as soon as practicable.
Your rights of access and correction
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Lion Nathan takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Lion Nathan holds about you is incorrect, please contact Lion Nathan’s Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the relevant updated information.
You have a general right to access the personal information Lion Nathan holds about you. You may contact Lion Nathan’s Privacy Officer to request details of your personal information by email to email@example.com. Lion Nathan can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Lion Nathan holds about you, Lion Nathan reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Lion Nathan holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting Lion Nathan’s Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Lion Nathan does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If Lion Nathan refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy complaint?
- have any concerns or a complaint regarding Lion Nathan’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information.
Please contact Lion Nathan’s Privacy Officer by email to email@example.com.
Lion Nathan will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
© 2006 Lion Nathan Limited. All rights reserved.